Monday, June 18, 2012

Games, Games, Games & School, School, School

6-18-12

I forgot to put the best part of my day into the blog from yesterday.  Isaac went down to the guest house with Megan and I to play games.  It was Megan's idea to give the Segners some alone time for Fathers Day.  We had a BLAST!  I taught Isaac how to play double solitaire, he taught Megan and I how to play the one and only African card game (very similar to Uno), and Megan taught Isaac and I how to play Phase 10.  Isaac laughed until he hurt from Mary Jane jokes and then we started writing our own Mary Jane as a Ugandan jokes.  Isaac compared Mary Jane to the "R" in DRAMA.  This is an inside joke from an inappropriate comment made earlier in the day during the sermon at church. We all laughed until it hurt. 

Today Kari and I worked out a classroom schedule for home schooling.  I created this document and printed it in town.  There is a glare because it is in a sheet protector.



Isaac went with me to print this in town.  After we printed, we walked to the market to buy potatoes and carrots for stew.  It was really far and Seg was waiting on us to finish cooking so we took a boda boda (motorcycle taxi) home.  The ride for both Isaac and I was 2000 shillings or the equivalent of 80 cents.  That is rediculous cheap.

This is where the schedule is currently posted, in their classroom area.


Tomorrow we start a classroom positive reinforcement system.  When Everett and Karson display desired school behaviors beans are put into this plastic bottle.  There are a few in there already because they were so good when we were talking about it earlier.  When the bottle is full, we will have a water fight.  It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment